Care jobs in Cornwall
Community care worker - Become part of something bigger
- Salary: 21,000 per year – Long term salaried contracts to ensure job security and a consistent income in these difficult times
- Job type: Full time/Part time/Contract – From part time students to people who need full time jobs, we’re open to everyone
- Become part of something bigger: We have plans to provide high quality home care to many more people across the rest of Cornwall. In order to achieve this, we need your help
- Become qualified in care: Complete a mandatory care certificate and work towards an NVQ3. Not only will you learn new things but this will also look great on your CV
- No experience required: Full training will be provided and you will also learn on the job
- Develop key personal skills: Develop compassion and confidence, build communication and problem solving skills. Learn how to manage your time effectively. All of these things will be useful in your future. Employers are always on the look-out for people who show genuine care and compassion towards others
- What you will be doing: You will be providing care, support and companionship to our clients in the comfort of their own homes
- Valid UK drivers license: A driver’s license is needed in order to visit our clients in their homes
- Location: Hayle, Penzance, St Ives, Carbis Bay, Camborne and Redruth and surrounding areas
- Apply in less than 30 seconds: If you’re interested, scroll down to the bottom of the page and fill out the form to apply
Why are we recruiting and why do we need your help?
We are expanding our team of 60 frontline carers because we desperately want to help the elderly and vulnerable who need care, companionship and support during these difficult times. Since the pandemic started, many elderly and vulnerable people have decided to stay in the safety and comfort of their own homes rather than going to a care home. As such, community care companies such as ours have a large and difficult task on our hands.
While the care industry is due to receive funding from the government, we still need people like you to not only join our frontline team, but also to help us deliver compassionate care to individuals across Cornwall. We want to make an impact on a bigger societal scale and caring for people in their homes is how we (and you) can do that.
You might be worried about the virus while doing such a job. However, because we are inspected and regulated by the CQC, you can be sure that we have all of the necessary protections in place in order to ensure the safety of both our employees and our clients. If you would like to clear up any concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask us!
Who are we and what do we do?
Penwith Care Ltd, trusted partners of the N.H.S and Cornwall Council, are one of the leading innovators in driving lasting sustainable change within the West Cornwall adult social care sector. We are regulated by the independent regulator of health and social care in England, the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We have been rated “Good” by the CQC and aim to achieve “Outstanding” soon. We provide care at home services to people across West Cornwall. Our care services include: Alzheimer’s care, dementia care, respite care, palliative care, elderly companionship and home help services (cleaning, ironing, food preparation etc).
Ultimately, we want to empower the vulnerable to feel safe, secure and happy in the home they have grown to love.
For the first time we are now recruiting salaried contract carers. Whether experienced or new to the sector, every home carer within the Penwith Care family is paid the same salary (pro rata) to provide the same outstanding level of care and commitment that our service users deserve. As a member of the Penwith Care Team you will be key to the lives of our service users, visiting them in their own homes, providing them with support, companionship and personal care, anything that meets their person-centred care plan.
Our carers’ selfless performance on the front line of the battle against Covid-19 has inspired us as a company to change the way we reward the members of the Penwith Care family. We wanted to recognise the dedication of our team with long term salaried contracts ensuring their job security, income, and the long-term futures of their families.
What you need:
- Driving Licence: Car, motorcycle, or moped is fine but you will need to be mobile for this role.
- Personality: You will be bringing empathy, joy, companionship, and most importantly, care, to vulnerable adults’ lives.
- Desire to learn and grow: Staff are empowered to learn and develop at a personal level.
- A desire to be the difference: A key driver for success in people entering the sector.
- A Smartphone and data: To run our Care apps.
- The ability to complete DBS check: If you have queries just ask.
What we offer you:
- A Salaried contract: Access mortgages, finance and opportunities salaried contracts open up.
- Performance related pay from 2021: Linked to key performance areas.
- Mileages: Paid monthly at 35p per mile.
- A company pension: Plan for your future whilst building your new career.
- Full training: Be paid to train on the job with full salary from day one.
- Free uniform: Yes, we provide a free uniform for all our carers.
- Career development: We encourage and support our staff to complete NVQ qualifications.
- Progression: We always look to promote from within the organisation wherever possible.
- Flexible hours: As a 24-hr business we can agree flexible packages for our staff.
- Job security: In an uncertain climate your career is safe from external economic pressures.
- Infection control training: Part of our successful commitment to keeping our carers safe during COVID
- Full P.P.E: Our staff have all the P.P.E and training they need to stay safe in this crisis.