Receive a free consultation to discuss or arrange palliative care
Arrange care. Do you have a loved one in need of care? Does your loved one desire to remain in the comfort of their own home rather than live in a care home? Whether they need specialist care (dementia, alzheimer’s, end of life care) or if they are in need of companionship or help around the house (cooking, cleaning, taking the bins out, mobility support), we’ve got you covered! Get in contact with us to arrange care!
Discuss care. We aren’t only here to arrange care, we are also on hand to answer any questions you have. If you’re not fully sure what you or your loved one need and just want to clear up a few questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us. We are here to help you.
Areas we cover
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative care, also known as end of life care, is a type of care that takes place when your loved one has become terminally ill. Palliative care offers relief through mitigation of symptoms, pain and stress related to the serious illness. Palliative care can be done at a hospice or in a nursing home, however, more and more people are choosing to receive palliative care at home due to the comfort and familiarity it provides.
What does Palliative Care include?
A palliative caregiver is trained to do the following things for your loved one:
- Personal care including assistance with dressing, bathing and toileting
- Reminders and help with administration of medication
- Preparation of meals that match your loved ones tastes
- Shopping for food
- Help with movement around the house
- Home help including hovering, changing the bed or washing clothes
- Collection of prescriptions
Benefits of Palliative Care at home
- Supports both your loved one and the family
- Helps improve quality of life
- Offers pain, symptom and stress management
- Reduces need for hospital visits
- Less disruptions compared to nursing homes
- Your loved one can receive high quality care in the comfort and familiarity of their own home
Why choose Penwith Care as your care provider?
- A local Cornwall care agency. We are truly local to Cornwall and are not just another nationwide “local branch” (we’re located in Hayle and serve areas including: Camborne, Redruth, St Ives, Carbis Bay, Penzance and Hayle). This allows us to better serve out clients’ needs through understanding of the local area. It also allows us to better serve the Cornwall community at large
- Cared for 750 people since 2010. Since our inception in 2010, we have cared for 750 people and we are currently caring for 120+ people across West Cornwall! To put it simply, people trust us!
- Qualified caregivers. Our caregivers must complete a mandatory care certificate and are encouraged to achieve their NVQ3 qualifications
- CQC regulated. Fully rated and regulated by the CQC. Therefore, our services are monitored in accordance with CQC guidelines. As such, we strive to provide the very best care to you or your loved one
- Fully managed care service. Our care managers will plan out your care and they will assign you a suitable caregiver to help you in your day to day living
We have been caring for people across Cornwall for the past 11 years and we don’t plan on stopping. Just like you, we believe that care for others is one of humanities many redeeming traits. We believe that care should be of a high quality to ensure people’s needs are met. If you’d like us to provide your loved one with palliative care, then feel free fill out the form below so that we can call you back at a more convenient time or call the number below straight away!