Receive a free consultation to discuss or arrange respite care
Arrange care. Are you a caregiver? Do you need someone to take care of your loved one/client while you take a break? Whether they need specialist care (dementia, alzheimer’s etc) or if they are in need of companionship or help around the house (cooking, cleaning, taking the bins out, mobility support), we’ve got you covered! Get in contact with us to arrange care!
Discuss care. We aren’t only here to arrange care, we are also on hand to answer any questions you have. If you’re not fully sure what you or your loved one need and just want to clear up a few questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us. We are here to help you.
Areas we cover
What is Respite Care and why is it important?
Respite care is a form of short term, temporary care, available as an option for primary caregivers who need to take a break from their duties. We all know that caring for someone can be physically, mentally and sometimes even emotionally demanding. It’s important that you take a break from time to time in order to remain motivated and to continue to give the very best care you can. The reasons for seeking out respite care include:
- The need for a short holiday
- Family emergencies
It’s completely normal for life to get in the way of your care duties. It’s natural for you to want to take a break as well. Which is why we would like to offer you our help. We have experienced and qualified caregivers on hand to help where necessary. Need a short holiday? Too sick to get out of bed? Have a family emergency that needs to be sorted out? We’ve got you covered on all bases.
What does a respite carer do?
A respite carer will do everything that you would do on a day to day basis. Our staff are trained in:
- Personal care (Toileting, showering and dressing)
- Medication reminders and administration
- Cooking meals and food shopping
- Mobility support
- General house keeping duties and home help (including cleaning clothes)
Why choose Penwith Care?
- Local to Cornwall. We are truly local to Cornwall and are not just another nationwide “local branch” (we’re located in Hayle and serve areas including: Camborne, Redruth, St Ives, Carbis Bay, Penzance and Hayle). This allows us to better serve out clients’ needs through understanding of the local area. It also allows us to better serve the Cornwall community at large
- Cared for 750 people since 2010. Since our inception in 2010, we have cared for 750 people and we are currently caring for 120+ people across West Cornwall! To put it simply, people trust us!
- Qualified caregivers. Our caregivers must complete a mandatory care certificate and are encouraged to achieve their NVQ3 qualifications
- CQC regulated. Fully rated and regulated by the CQC. Therefore, our services are monitored in accordance with CQC guidelines. As such, we strive to provide the very best care to you or your loved one
- Fully managed care service. Our care managers will plan out your care and they will assign you a suitable caregiver to help you in your day to day living
We have been caring for people across Cornwall for the past 11 years and we don’t plan on stopping. Just like you, we believe that care for others is one of humanities many redeeming traits. We believe that care should be of a high quality to ensure people’s needs are met. If you’d like us to provide you with respite, then feel free to fill out the form below to request a call back or call us straight away with the call below!
If you have the time... chat with us straight away to arrange or discuss our care packages
Too busy for a call? Enter your details below so that we can contact you at a more convenient time!